Monday, November 19, 2018

Olive Oil Eggs

I'm in a delicious rut. Eggs.

I love them and they make their way into my breakfast shenanigans about four times a week. Sundays right now are for the Crustless Quiche challenge (between me and me).

But it's Monday. So, my Dear and I are enjoying Olive Oil eggs. Long ago and again a few months ago, I fell deeply, madly in love with Tuscan Herb Blend Olive Oil.

My friend Mary, owns Antica Olive Oil here in Southern California where I first tasted this magical oil. When my friend, (student and mom-of-two) CJ had a birthday, I gave her a bottle with an 18 Year Old Balsamic Vinegar. It's a simple recipe for salad and pasta. That was it by the way. Tuscan Herb Blend Olive Oil and 18 Year Old Balsamic Vinegar. Done. Easy.

And, while I love this oil on salad and as a finish for chicken, my favorite thing to do is warm it in a pan and let eggs slowly bathe their way to cooked. (Thomas Keller: slow and gentle) All they need is a bit of salt and pepper and they are a beautifully flavored feast.

The Antica Store ships olive oil if you don't find yourself in Southern California at the shop.
I think you'll want the bigger bottle.




No comments:

Post a Comment