Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Tis the night before Thanksgiving and Make Ahead Gravy

I love, love, love the genius of make ahead gravy.
Love it.
I was raised watching my Grandma Edith, mid-western native and loving home cook, making Turkey gravy with pan drippings. I've done it myself of course, and learned the deglazing technique in school. The trouble is, gravy, the kind you want to enjoy, takes time.
One day the lovely words: Make Ahead Gravy (by Ina Garten) came into my world. Eureka!
It's a beautiful thing to saute a red onion in butter, add stock and a few other delicious ingredients, strain it, cool it and save it over night for the magic of simply deglazing the roasting pan and adding the liquid gold elixir to the base from the night before. Here's the best part, it happens quickly, deliciously and unlumpishly.
And, you'll finish the gravy with ease and without concern of anything other than perfection.

Try it.
Next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment