Thursday, September 29, 2011

Roasted Rosemary Potatoes

There's something about the family of new potatoes that takes me right to my roots of English cooking and my dad's delightfully crisp yet tender roasted potatoes.

So when a lovely bag of The Little Potato Company's Terrific Trio tri- colored baby potatoes came to my door I knew just what I wanted to do, with a little twist... fresh rosemary.

For busy moms there is something so helpful about fresh pre-washed and bagged veggies that makes the world seem doable. Because of their size (ranging from 1"-1 1/2") I was able to achieve my roasted wish in short time.

Here's what I did for deliciously tender and flavorful taters:

Cut the whole bag of potatoes into eighths.
From the garden, mince a spring of Rosemary.
In a glass baking dish, drizzle olive oil liberally along the bottom of the pan coating it.
Add the potatoes and rosemary to the baking dish along with one minced garlic and salt and pepper to your taste.
Toss all ingredients to coat.
Bake at 375 for 35 minutes, tossing occasionally. I went for a lightly roasted skin (roasting tip: the longer you bake, the crispier the skin).

That's it!

I coupled them with breaded chicken tenders and a green salad. The dinner was good but my kids thought the potatoes were great!


No comments:

Post a Comment