Monday, February 7, 2011

7 Meals for under $15

I was breezing through my email and What to my wondering eyes did appear, but a miniature post with 7 quick recipes under $15 (well, it started out like the poem).

I really like a lot of these recipes. And, I'm all for a vegetarian dinner at least once a week.

I, like Kerry, enjoy CSA fruits and veggies. Mine come straight to my door every other Monday in a box from my milkman. It's like a Christmas present every week. My teen son looks forward to it. He runs out to bring it in and almost always takes something to school. It's these Monday nights when I really get down to inspired menu planning, but I digress.

Here's the recipe list.

I think we'll each try one or tow and post as we go. Kind of a modified Julie and Julia deal. But, on a budget and not French and there is no Julie here.

Let us know if you try one and how it works out for you!
  1. Warm Chick Pea Stew

  2. Hearty Matzo Ball Soup

  3. Hungarian Goulash

  4. Falafel “Buffet"

  5. Pulled Pork Tacos

  6. Vegetarian Dahl

  7. Osso Bucco 

    Photo from Cooking Light magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment