Friday, March 4, 2011

Quick and Yummy Sloppy Joe's



[side note] I seem to be having hot sandwich cravings during our not-as-sunny-as-usual winter in California. ;-)

A hot sandwich is perfect for those nights (quite a few actually in my house) where I need to get dinner on the table fast! One of my favorite "Go To" dishes is good ol' hearty Sloppy Joes. Tuesday was one of those days, so I got my hands on a Sloopy Joes season packet (yes sometimes season packs can be your BF in a pinch) and followed the directions which were as follows:

ingredients:
1 Lb ground beef (I like ground turkey just as much, though it it cooks up finer)
1 Sloppy Joe season packet
1 4oz can of Tomato paste
1 cup of water
6 rolls, Kaiser, Ciabatta, French or other

saute ground beef in a pan then drain and add water, season pack, tomato paste and let simmer per package directions.

In the meantime toast the buns in the broiler for a few minutes then, add sloppy joe meat to open roll, garnish with grated mozzarella and serve-yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment