Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Crazy Week Night Sweets



Eric, my husband and I have worked together at most jobs we've had for the last 10 years. Mostly in resturaunts, but even now we get up together, get ready together, get the kids off to daycare together and we then, walk through the front doors of our work together.

A few years ago we worked at this place that had the best "Sweets" or sweet potato fries-- I actually almost forgot about them until on a date night we ordered sweet potato fries at another resturaunt. And we were sorely disappointed, not enough sweet or salt. And with the long-lost taste of Sweets in my mind, I could not get over it.

So last night, when I was home with two sickies. I found that I needed dinner, quick! And the two sweet potatoes staring at me on the counter got me thinking again. 

So I made my own version, a baked version with more sweet, and more salt. Not nutritious... but delicious. These are quick and the kids will eat them!
Baked Sweets
1 Tbs brown sugar 
1 tsp white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 pounds sweet potatoes, unpeeled and cut into long strips
1 tablespoon olive oil Spray or grease a baking sheet pan. Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix brown sugar, sugar,  cinnamon, salt with  sweet potatoes and oil in a mixing bowl. Spread sweet potatoes in single layer on prepared baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender and a little crispy.
 Photo

3 comments:

  1. YUM-O! I have 2 sweet potatoes in the pantry. I think this will happen in the very near future at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may like them.
    You will see.
    You may like them
    in a tree?

    (A little Seuss for the morning...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year my eldest participated in the "Great French Fry Debate" and won because he added the sweet potato fry to the debate and he had the best sweet potato fries on his mind when he presented his oral argument. He's gonna love this! Can wait. But maybe not in a tree. I'm going for in a box with a fox!

    ReplyDelete