Monday, March 21, 2011

Pretty Recipe Keeper


I have so many recipes on cards and as tear outs from magazines etc. I wanted a pretty place to nestle them among my cookbooks for ease of use. As luck would have it I received a beautiful photo album in a unique size that I had an Ah ha moment for ( I fancy using things for unexpected uses)! This pretty book would become my recipe friend and confidant.



Do you have a pretty album that is going unused?

I sectioned my book into 3 basic groupings of appetizers, meals and desserts. Of course you can break things down in the way it best suit you.

Now my Great Aunt Flossie's dish can be savored from it's original form - an old ingredient stained card. It will be served right along with the Crock Pot Brownie I featured last week!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea Jemma! I have had thoughts of how to re-organize recipes but hated the idea of getting rid of the cards in my mom's handwriting as much as the idea of writing out all the magazine tear outs and computer print outs onto cards. Your album is so lovely. Plus, bonus, you have a spot to write in notes. I'll have to keep my eye out for a book like this one!

    ReplyDelete